POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distorted sinusoidal fringe projection : Distorted sinusoidal fringe projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Distorted sinusoidal fringe projection
From: Louis-Severin
Date: 1 Sep 2006 03:00:00
Message: <web.44f7d9eb3a304ea3337e73ab0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I try to simulate the projection, through distorting lenses, of a sinusoidal
grid. I found (thanks to Alain !) how to use photon option to project the
shadow of an object through a lens. But actually, my sinusoidal grid is
performed using a texture option. Accordingly, the projected shadow is the
one of the object and not the one of the texture. Is it any solution to
produce the shadow of a texture ? Hereunder my code to generate the
sinusoidal grid:

#declare H = 2;
#declare W = 2;
#declare nb_periods = 3;
#declare length_period = H / nb_periods;

intersection{
  // container
  box{
    <-H/2,-1,-W/2>
    <H/2,1,W/2>
    pigment {transmit 1}
  }

  // signal
  plane {
    y, 0 hollow
    texture {
      pigment {
        gradient x scale H/nb_periods
        sine_wave
        color_map {[0 rgb 1] [1 rgbf 1]}
      }
    }
  }
}

The resulting shadow is the one of the box and not the one of the signal. If
anyone could help me, i should be very grateful ! Thanks in advance...