POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Replacing a sky_sphere with a cylinder. : Replacing a sky_sphere with a cylinder. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Replacing a sky_sphere with a cylinder.
From: Ephphatha
Date: 25 Aug 2006 08:45:00
Message: <web.44eeefebc4397441fba358d80@news.povray.org>
I know this is a stupid question, but I haven't found how to change it yet
in the documentation.

At the moment, I have this:

// Create an infinite sphere around scene and allow any pigment on it
sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient z
    color_map { [0.0 color rgb <180/255,230/255,255/255>] [1.0 color blue
0.5] }
  }
}

I know how to put an image on it, that's no problem. I want it to be a
cylinder though so I can put a tiled image of a forest on it that will
repeat side by side, but not stack. I hope I'm making sense here. Can
someone help?