POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Export surface from Matlab to povray : Re: Export surface from Matlab to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Export surface from Matlab to povray
From: pierre
Date: 25 Aug 2006 04:30:00
Message: <web.44eeb4d13b86d99aad334ed60@news.povray.org>
Hi Florain, and thanks for your answer,

I partially solved my problem by using your method!
In fact I exported some surface (3D surface: only defined by the altitude
the size and the step)from an apparatus. Then I translated them into .txt,
read them with matlab. My goal was to simulate the lighting behaviour of
the surfaces using povray.
What I did , was to convert the surface (obtained with meshgrid) into a .obj
and then to a .pov using PosRay.

Greetings
Pierre