POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Memory parse error : Re: Memory parse error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory parse error
From: Mike8
Date: 20 Aug 2006 14:20:01
Message: <web.44e8a66f3fb029bece918fe00@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>    Michael, is it possible that you could upload the 8+Mb file somewhere,
> and I'll see if it runs on my machine? I believe that I may have a similar
> system to yours, (at least, I hope so, (apart from XP Home)):
>
>     Windows XP Home (5.1, Build 2600) SP2
>     AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+, 1.6GHz
>      1024MB RAM
>      Page File: 214MB used, 2734MB available

Not quite as powerful as mine, but very close, a good way to test if I'm
doing something wrong. I did find a few tweaks that I can make to my system,
if they don't work I would be happy to send you the file. Thanks for
offering!

>    Other than the above, I can only suggest a couple more things that you
> can try:
>
>      Faulty memory? You could try Memtest: http://www.memtest86.com/

It's a brand new computer, and Task Manager says that at times during the
render I have some 300KB of available RAM out of 1GB, so I think it's not
that, but I'll keep it in mind.

>      Have you tried disabling all background services? (Although, this
> shouldn't really be a problem as I run fairly heavy files with all services
> running).

I close all programs except POV-Ray and Windows Explorer when rendering.

>      Anyway, let me know if you upload the file and we'll see if it throws
> any errors here.
>
>      ~Steve~

Thanks,
   Michael