POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PoV 3.6 throwing unhandled exception ... : Re: PoV 3.6 throwing unhandled exception ... Server Time
18 May 2024 14:50:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV 3.6 throwing unhandled exception ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 18 Aug 2006 14:25:01
Message: <web.44e604ce574290dac717c9af0@news.povray.org>
> Mike Andrews wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Can someone please give me a sanity check?
> >
> > I have a simple (section of a) scene which either stops with an out of
> > memory error while building slabs or throws an unhandled exception
> > depending on minor variations.
>
> Could you please define what you mean by "throws an unhandled exception"?
> What message are you getting specifically?
>
>  Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

With the official v3.6.1c.icl8.win32 the scene parses, there is a line in
the message window which says 'Reallocating finite to 30', the render
window appears and then a box pops up which says:

'The POV-Ray core rendering code threw an unhandled exception.

The backend thread has been shut down and you will not be able to perform
any further renders.

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you save your work and exit POV-Ray now.

(Note that if internal structures have been damaged POV-Ray may crash
immediately after you click OK).'

And when I click OK POV-Ray is unresponsive and I have to force it to close.

Hope this helps,

Mike Andrews.