POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion : Re: "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion
From: ZainAnak
Date: 18 Aug 2006 12:55:00
Message: <web.44e5f0081dc11509f74b7dbf0@news.povray.org>
Interesting.  Since it lies within the user-defined directions section, does
this then mean I have to manually define the direction for every sample at
every point in my scene?  That doesn't seem right.  I would like Pov to
keep doing its own internal sample directions with its direction table, and
just vary their weight based on the cos(theta) described in 2.7.3.  Does
that seem possible?

-ZA