POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion : "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  "Shrinking" the ambient occlusion
From: ZainAnak
Date: 17 Aug 2006 18:10:01
Message: <web.44e4e8aa3a1fecd1f74b7dbf0@news.povray.org>
Hey all.  I'm playing around with all the radiosity settings, and I'm
running into the problem where everything is looking very small scale.  For
example, a car on a street has this very wide GI shadowing happening beneath
it, which makes it look like a toy car.  I'm wondering which parameters I
can use to decrease the "spread", so to speak, of GI shadowing.  There is
an excellent description of what I'm talking about in this mental ray
tutorial:

(click to about the 8:00 mark):

http://www.williamkladis.com/tutorial01/tutorial01.html

Any ideas?  It seems to influence the sense of scale of the image
tremendously.

Thanks!
-ZA