POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie questions concerning the GUI, Fonts, Mesh2 objects and Shadows : Re: Newbie questions concerning the GUI, Fonts, Mesh2 objects and Shadows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie questions concerning the GUI, Fonts, Mesh2 objects and Shadows
From: Ansgar
Date: 14 Aug 2006 18:35:00
Message: <web.44e0f97eceb53cd8d5d6e67c0@news.povray.org>
I'd just like to say thanks again for the tip about reducing the mesh2 size.

I removed uv data for all parts that don't get image-maps and wrote a
program that reduces the precision of all vectors from 6 decimal digits to
4, at the same time removing all spaces (from the vectors). I ended up with
a reduction from 11.3 to 6.6 MB. Not too shabby considering the rendering
result looks exactly like before. :)