POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Memory parse error : Re: Memory parse error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory parse error
From: Mike8
Date: 13 Aug 2006 00:10:00
Message: <web.44dea5293fb029be524472e50@news.povray.org>
How do I make the'tweaks' to the system's virtual memory?

> Personaly, I don't know, other than setting it's total volume. Other peoples
> have mentioned it.

I created the model in a 3D CAD program called MLCad and converted it to POV
format with another called L3P. This works very well on smaller files, but I
have hit a celing at 4.5MB. So I don't know very much about the code
contained within the file itself, only that the 4.5MB file has over 10,000
lines of code, many of which seem to repeat themselves. This would be a
mess to streamline, so fixing my memory capacity is the only practical
solution I can think of. Any more advice you may have would be greatly
appreciated!
Thanks,
  Michael