POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) : Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics)
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Aug 2006 10:45:01
Message: <web.44db463ff98bfec2b1b469160@news.povray.org>
"gawryl" <gaw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm wondering is it possible to plot an isosurfaces (density) 3D-plots based
> on the complex double precission numbers (ASCI file)? i haven't got explicit
> formula for this surface, data comes from my numerical calculations...
>
> i need to know it before i start learning povray
> (because maybe it isn't a software which i'm looking for)
>
> regards,
>
> gawryl

format to create images using emitting media. I believe that there is a
programme called df3maker that can create these files from a text file.
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C3### [at] yahoocomau%3E/
If you have the data in slices like a MRI scan you can use tga2df3 to create

some manipulation of colour maps they can be polychromatic as well. I
cannot say what the precision of programmes are.

Stephen