POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) : Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for isosurfaces plots? (quantum physics)
From: gawryl
Date: 10 Aug 2006 10:45:01
Message: <web.44db4583f98bfec2dcd30180@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:

> If you want to draw a surface then it gets a bit more tricky because you
> need something that's going to work out how to join all of your points
> together and in which sequence etc. So you'd probably be better off
> pre-processing the set of points using some external tool to generate a mesh
> object that could potentially then be fed into POV-Ray to render.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

First of all - thanks for you help ;-)

Yes, I'm thinking about the surface but maybe your idea with points
(spheres) is also good. So - could you help me and send an example code
with an answer how to do this?
My data is 3d grid of real numbers (for simplicity) - feel free to chose
your own favorite format - i can reorganize my data - and i need to choose
color of particular sphere at point (x,y,z) as a some functions, witch
depends of a value of this point f(x,y,z).

regards,
gawryl