POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Local rotations : Re: Local rotations Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:08:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Local rotations
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Aug 2006 16:10:01
Message: <web.44da3fee98a8a38140d56c170@news.povray.org>
Um, this is probably over my head, but I think that most of the advice here
is based on a question of how to do multiple povray-style, rotations off
the universal axis.   I'm trying to implement the Euler rotations using the
convention of Bunge.

What I need to do is  to take a cube centered on the origin and rotate it
first around the z axis. (No prob: universal and local are the same).

Then rotate the cube not about the x axis, not of the universal axis but its
own new local axis.

Then another rotation about the local z axis.

I can do this with my fingers no prob, but trying to get pov to do it makes
my head hurt.