POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) : Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?)
From: CdeathJd
Date: 1 Aug 2006 19:40:01
Message: <web.44cfe5e0d4496aa8e2e0912a0@news.povray.org>
As well as that, im now trying to go full-throttle and put velocity in. I
know the easiest way to do it, but i doubt pov-ray will like it, if i could
store velocity as a global variable this would be bliss.

Unfortunately every variable has to be #declare'd. So each time it runs
through the scene it loses all the data from the last frame. I though about
outputting the velocity to a file and then reading it back in at the start
of the next frame. The pov-ray help file doesn't really explain anything
very well to me, so has anyone got any advice?