POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) : Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rollercoaster type maths (not possible in povray?)
From: Charles C
Date: 1 Aug 2006 02:00:05
Message: <web.44ceeccad4496aa83869c6770@news.povray.org>
CdeathJd,
If you haven't done so by now, do a search on these newsgroup for roller
coasters.  There are some that people have worked on already, albiet not
always directly in SDL.

Read up on using splines in the docs, they might be really useful. For a
pertinant example check out:
/scenes/animation/splinefollow/splinefollow.pov

Every so often I see discussion about how to interpolate equal lengths along
a spline without a lot of iteration.  If you do end up using splines, I want
to say it sure is handy if you choose control points that already happen to
be fairly evenly spaced.   Also, splines also give you a quick way to fake
physics by adjusting values or distances between control points.

Charles

PS, I'm still not sure this is what you want since it sounds like you have
working code for something else and might not want to start from scratch?