POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Different textures depending on slope/steepness? : Different textures depending on slope/steepness? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Different textures depending on slope/steepness?
From: Kaggen
Date: 26 Jul 2006 13:10:00
Message: <web.44c7a0b4959d8fec570bd89c0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm into rendering landscapes right now, and i've been fairly successfull.
The one thing i can't get my head around is how i control textures
depending on how steep the slope (on a mountain side for example) is. I
found something called slope_map, but thats not what i'm looking for.

I also read somwhere that one can use the trace command, but it seems kind
of hard (i'm not that good at math).

The thing i wan't to do is to control, for example, grass and stone textures
depending on steepness of a mountainside. Where the surface is relativley
plain, i want to have a grass texture, where it's steep i wan't to have a
stone texture.

/Mats