POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render HD format : Re: Render HD format Server Time
14 Jun 2024 07:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render HD format
From: cyberspittle
Date: 22 Jul 2006 14:30:01
Message: <web.44c26e938c16eaf56791d9700@news.povray.org>
"Pansworld" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I had a similar related question. Per my understanding Povray/Megapov has
> the capability to spit out files in the HDR format. I use heavy post
> processing on the generated frames for my animations. I have not tried it
> yet, but the  workflow will be something like...
>
> Povray/Megapov -> CinePaint -> (some codec that supports HDR) ->
> mpeg/avi/mov
>
> I currently use "Gimp" instead of CinePaint. With "limited" OpenExr format
> support in 3.7 it should be easy (easier said than done!!) to import the
> generated images into CinePaint and manipulate them. My questions:
>
> 1. Has anyone generated animations using HDR output from Povray/Megapov?
> 2. Can someone point me to a tool that they have used to create avi's or
> mpegs or mov files with HDR images? If you have codec specifics that would
> be great as well.
>
> Cheers
I don't have a problem converting the BMPs to AVI, MPG, or even animated
GIF, as I use a network attached hard drive that an older OS/2 Warp machine
combines the individual frames to animation using it's built-in features for
multimedia. I am not sure if I am rendering each frame at the proper
resolution for HDTV output. TIA.