POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render HD format : Re: Render HD format Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render HD format
From: Pansworld
Date: 22 Jul 2006 13:00:01
Message: <web.44c2586c8c16eaf5376bbb4d0@news.povray.org>
I had a similar related question. Per my understanding Povray/Megapov has
the capability to spit out files in the HDR format. I use heavy post
processing on the generated frames for my animations. I have not tried it
yet, but the  workflow will be something like...

Povray/Megapov -> CinePaint -> (some codec that supports HDR) ->
mpeg/avi/mov

I currently use "Gimp" instead of CinePaint. With "limited" OpenExr format
support in 3.7 it should be easy (easier said than done!!) to import the
generated images into CinePaint and manipulate them. My questions:

1. Has anyone generated animations using HDR output from Povray/Megapov?
2. Can someone point me to a tool that they have used to create avi's or
mpegs or mov files with HDR images? If you have codec specifics that would
be great as well.

Cheers