POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory issue with eval_pigment? : Re: Memory issue with eval_pigment? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory issue with eval_pigment?
From: P Brewer
Date: 22 Jul 2006 12:45:01
Message: <web.44c255e5ede90ff4918360b20@news.povray.org>
> First of all, this is not a crash, it is an error message. Second, how did
> you determine that memory usage is just 300 MB?
>
>  Thorsten

Thorsten,

Thanks for replying.

Actually it sometimes does crash and will not recover. I think it said the
usual "pvengine.exe has generated an error". FYI, I'm using the Windows
version, I suppose I should have said that up front.

When POV does just error out, the peak memory usage reported is under 300MB.
This agrees with Windows Task Manager "Mem Usage" and "VM Size" numbers. I'm
playing around with using less calls to eval_pigment by tweaking my
placement macro, but don't know if it will work yet.

Phil