POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory issue with eval_pigment? : Memory issue with eval_pigment? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:09:09 EDT (-0400)
  Memory issue with eval_pigment?
From: P Brewer
Date: 21 Jul 2006 19:50:01
Message: <web.44c167758396b1da918360b20@news.povray.org>
I am running into memory issues during parsing on a scene I'm working on for
this IRTC round. I am creating an outdoor scene with lots of mesh copies of
plants and trees placed with trace and eval_pigment functions. When
parsing, POV crashes well before I use up my physical RAM with the
following error:

File Contect (5 lines):
    #local fn = function { pigment { pigm } }
    #local result = (fn(vec.x, vec.y, vec.z));
    result
#end

Parse Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 80640 bytes for fn:
FunctionEntry

Memory usage is under 300MB when it crashes, and I have 2GB in my machine.
It always seems to crash at the same function too, regardless of how I move
things around in my scene.

Any ideas?