POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cross-Platform Curiosity Question : Re: Cross-Platform Curiosity Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross-Platform Curiosity Question
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 20 Jul 2006 15:35:01
Message: <web.44bfda5a1f85aa558c7259570@news.povray.org>

> They are not different and will not create different characters in the
> source file. Most likely there is either a file transmission problem or a
> problem with the Windows editor reading the file. Which one it is i cannot
> tell you right now.
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team

The reason I was thinking they were different was back when I used
Mathematica on the Mac, hitting "return" just took me to the next line in
the same cell, while hitting "enter" actually evaluated the cell.  In the
Windows version, the "enter" acted like the Mac "return," and to accomplish
the same thing as the Mac's "enter" I used "shift-enter."  So I was thinking
the Mac had (the capability of) differentiating between a "return" and an
"enter."  The phrase "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" applies to
me far too often, since my knowledge is quite often "little." ;-)

Anyway, like I said, this was a purely idle question, since everything works
fine, regardless.

Thanks Thorsten.