POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cross-Platform Curiosity Question : Cross-Platform Curiosity Question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Cross-Platform Curiosity Question
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 19 Jul 2006 10:25:00
Message: <web.44be3f49385b538d8c7259570@news.povray.org>
When I create a file on my Mac, whether using MegaPOV or POVRay (at least I
think I also get them from the POVRay for Mac version -- all the examples
I'm looking at now come from MegaPOV), when I bring the file up in my
POVRay for Windows editor, I get little rectangular boxes at the end of
some, but not all, lines.

They have no effect on the parsing of the scene file, and I'm assuming
they're some sort of end-of-line symbol or something, but, since many lines
lack them entirely, while some others have a string of six or seven of
these, I'm just curious what they're from.

Again, this is purely out of curiosity, and because I know that there are a
bunch of you who can answer this.  The only time they bother me is when I
want to share a scene file and want to make it look pretty; then I go
through and manually delete each of these in my Windows editor....

Thanks

Dave Matthews