POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making perfectly transparent object with color : Re: making perfectly transparent object with color Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making perfectly transparent object with color
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 17 Jul 2006 13:45:00
Message: <web.44bbcbfa8936040dc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"yoon" <jhy### [at] galaxyyonseiackr> wrote:
> At first, make a white ball and then make a red box, which is bigger than
> the ball, in front of the ball.
>
> If I use the command "filter" or "transmit", I could see the ball through
> the box.
>
> But the color of ball(white) seem to be redder and dimmer than its original
> because the light traverse through the red box.
>
> If I put more red boxes in front of the ball, I will not be able to see the
> ball because many boxes screen the light emitted from the white ball.
>
> How can I see the white ball even if there are many boxes between the ball
> and the camera?
>
> Thank you.
>
> JH

Try not to multipost in different groups, if someone has an answer, they'll
eventually respond.

For your problem, use filter as 1  (i.e., rgbf <1,0,0,1>) and everything
will be filtered red.  Using transmit with a value of 1 will not alter any
colours.  Using values less than 1 will fade light passing through by the
f/t component.
You should be able to put as many boxes as you want wnd still see the sphere
behind just as bright, but filtered aslong as you have max_trace_level high
enough, filter set to 1 and no fading added to the box interior.

Example:
//start

global_settings {max_trace_level 15}

camera {