POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using Ambient Light Settings : Re: Using Ambient Light Settings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Ambient Light Settings
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 14 Jul 2006 11:55:00
Message: <web.44b7bdcebc7d6ebc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
> > >but I have a problem with your solution. Anytime I
> > > use a 'finish' at all I get an error message. I must not know how to use
> > > 'finish' correctly.
> >
> > Please, could you paste your texture here, so we could help you
> > Which message do you get?
> >
> sphere
>       { <0,0,0>860
>       pigment { image_map
>       { gif "Sunny.gif"
>       map_type 1
>     }
>   }
>   translate <0,0,1000>
> }

Make sure you nest the brackets proiperly when adding finish.  I find it
easier if the brackets following a scope indentation.

sphere{
    <0,0,0> 860
    pigment{
        image_map{
            gif "Sunny.gif"
            map_type 1
        }
    }
    translate <0,0,1000>
}

to add a finish just add it after the pigment block (outside its brackets).
It is also usually good protocol to wrap them inside a texture block:

sphere{
    <0,0,0> 860
    texture{  //texture start
        pigment{  //pigment start