POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed : Re: Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced metals libraries needed
From: Marvin
Date: 14 Jul 2006 04:10:01
Message: <web.44b750c180c9f0e3f8cf8140@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> Wasn't it Marvin who wrote:
> >
> >Hi, Tim, sorry to have to say this - but after checking rotation, I seem to
> >have trouble with the fact that my rotor rotates, but texture is not
> >rotating with it, ...
> >
> >Is there a sulution to this?
> >Am I doing something ver wrong?
>
> If you write
>
> object{Rotor
>   texture {MyTexture}
>   rotate {z*180*clock}
> }
>
> Then the texture should rotate with the Rotor, but if you write
>
> object{Rotor
>   rotate {z*180*clock}
>   texture {MyTexture}
> }
>
> Then the Rotor should rotate but the texture should not rotate with it.

Mike, you are certainly right. Thx a lot. Now the texture is rotating with
rotor and the only problem are flickers on texture, even though I turned
off jitter for the purpose of animation? (Please see)

http://magrf.grf.hr/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-640x480-blk2.gif

Actually, I tried that myself as I had a hunch, but I edited the change in
wrong source file :-P

Thanks again,
Marv