POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ATAT walking : Re: ATAT walking Server Time
1 Jul 2024 23:55:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATAT walking
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 6 Jul 2006 09:55:01
Message: <web.44ad1509e95959021009749b0@news.povray.org>
"POVMAN" <s### [at] acom> wrote:
> Nice!  I noticed that the body of the is "bouncing" as it moves.  You might
> try changing that to a "sway" as the weight shifts from leg to leg. Movement
> from side to side
>
> --
> POV Tips and Hints at ...
> http://povman.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the tip.  My original idea was to have whichever corner of the
body that had the leg off the ground dip a little, but I realized that I'd
have to re-do the IK code, since right now the legs are only articulated
with two degrees of freedom.  So, that restricts body motion to two degrees
of freedom as well (only up-down, front-back).  It would look a lot more
natural, though, if I managed to work that in.

Mike