POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Monsters : Re: Playing with Monsters Server Time
3 May 2024 17:05:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Monsters
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 2 Jul 2006 16:55:01
Message: <web.44a8318f5c8cac3a9db1fe880@news.povray.org>
Artemia Salina <y2k### [at] sheayrightcom> wrote:

> I tried Norbert's suggestion last night (see his article in this thread)
> and it didn't work. I played with swapping the sign for the x and z axes
> but still no luck.

It should work, believe me!
Here a bit more code, which shows what I mean -

#declare Norm = <0,0,0>;
#declare loc = trace (M1, start, <0,0,0>, Norm);
#if (vlength(Norm) != 0)
        object {
                eye
                rotate <degrees (atan2 (Norm.z,Norm.y)),0,-degrees (atan2
(Norm.x,Norm.y))>
                translate loc
        }
#end

If the difficulties persist, please post the relevant code part.

Norbert Kern