POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pb and question about pigment in function using an image : Re: Pb and question about pigment in function using an image Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pb and question about pigment in function using an image
From: Sylvain
Date: 30 Jun 2006 06:40:01
Message: <web.44a4ff7a17dd11819e4a59f60@news.povray.org>
"NEWS" <pen### [at] caramailfr> wrote:
> from the doc: at 'once'
>
> Normally there are an infinite number of repeating image maps, bump maps or
> material maps created over every unit square of the x-y-plane like tiles. By
> adding the once keyword after a file name you can eliminate all other copies
> of the map except the one at (0,0) to (1,1). In image maps, areas outside
> this unit square are treated as fully transparent. In bump maps, areas
> outside this unit square are left flat with no normal modification. In
> material maps, areas outside this unit square are textured with the first
> texture of the texture list.
>

> That says that the image from outside a unit square ...
>
> Well a unit square starts from <0,0> to <1,1> exclusive ..(<0,0> to
> <0.99999..,0.99999..>)

Yes, after I removed the 'once' keyword, according to your advice, I got the
same calculated values for x=1 than for x=0.
I did not quite realized that, if you want to tile 1-unit squares, they have
to stretch from (i) to (i+1-epsilon) so that they don't overlap each others
at (i+1).
Thank you for the tip !
S.