POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worst Greeble Formula...Ever! : Re: Worst Greeble Formula...Ever! Server Time
25 Jul 2024 16:06:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worst Greeble Formula...Ever!
From: Hosiah
Date: 15 Jun 2006 20:50:01
Message: <web.4491ff35cc5c4d29a8c263d50@news.povray.org>
>> "Looks like it could make a very nice city skyline with a bit of modification"

Yep, I've been doing those, too. Here's another one with some fancier
texturing. In this case, I used the same png as the height-field, but
colored it and used it for the texture map over the HF and added a metallic
finish.

By the way, the "highway" with the "streetlights" in the upper right corner
was a complete accident!

>> "I'm guessing the thin "walls" are little more than a pixel wide in your
hf image."

Yup! I make the HF 1024x768, and scale it large in POVray.

>> "I'm likewise having difficulty recreating it"

Help is on the way! Just for a sanity check, I'll sit down in Gimp and do
another one, carefully noting the steps along the way.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'steely_town.jpg' (187 KB)

Preview of image 'steely_town.jpg'