POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sweep Mesh Macro request : Sweep Mesh Macro request Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Sweep Mesh Macro request
From: gregjohn
Date: 8 Jun 2006 21:40:00
Message: <web.4488d0e1a03939c710c13190@news.povray.org>
I would like a macro which is like Mike Williams' sweep spline, only with
this added feature.  My  motivation is for character modelling
(http://flickr.com/photos/pterandon/91637417/ ).

The current macro has a circular cross section all the way through it.  What
I would like is one that allows for assymetric ellispses  or other closed
splines along its path.

Here's one possible set of inputs:
i) a spline of N points
ii) a array of N elements, each of which is a four dimensional vector, and
those four data represent the length away from the center of the spline in
i), only in the (if I'm saying it right) +u, -u, +v, and -v axes.  Right
now the macro returns what I'm calling u and v as all being a constant
radius from the center.

Here's another possible input set:
i) Four splines of N points, and you can count on the user being fairly
responsible in not having them cross over each other.  Between point N-a
and N-b, the macro returns, well, something like that in the first example.

Here's another possible input set:
i) a spline of N points
ii) an array of M elements, each of which is a closed loop spline of L
points.  As the mesh is built, the Closed Loop is swept out along the
spline in i).

Thanks in advance.