POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render : Re: Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render Server Time
2 Jun 2024 06:58:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render
From: Nousse
Date: 6 Jun 2006 07:40:01
Message: <web.4485686df29e319b7b611a550@news.povray.org>
"Jaap" <jws### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> you could use my "distributed render system for animations" script in
> POV-Ray > Newsgroups > povray.text.scene-files.
>
> i't ecentially a dos batchfile that repeatetly runs a special povray file.
> that povray file generates "render comamnds" (also a batch file) for all
> connected computers.
>
> I have tested it running the master and the render client on the same pc, so
> it should work using just one pc. it restarts megapov for each frame with
> apropreate start and end frame settings (to render a single frame each
> time).
>
> using a shared folder on a network, it can ditribute frames over all the
> pc's in the network. I have run in to the XP limit (max. 10 pc's on a
> shared folder) but with 9 PC's it works like a runawy train :-)

I would like also to know why it takes more and more time.
For the test, I use exactely the same file with exactely the same parameters
between 2 renderings. The 1st time is always faster than the other time /
the other rendering. There isn't any other program which runs. Only
POV-Ray.

Someone can help?

Windows2000 SP4 Athlon 1800+ 1Giga RAM

thks