POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated Model render flickering : Re: Animated Model render flickering Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:06:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated Model render flickering
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 2 Jun 2006 12:00:00
Message: <web.44805f719503ae821009749b0@news.povray.org>
Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:
> sacredblack wrote:
>
> > Hi Ger,
> >
> > Some really interesting stuff here.
> >
> > Now how do I go about doing this. It's not the sort of thing I would do in
> > Sony Vegas - would I do it in VirtualDub or AviSynth ? Maybe in POVRay ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve.
> >

> I don't know of any software out there that can do this. I rolled my own.
> It's not that much of a problem to write something for it.
> Time permitting I 'll have look at the sources and see if I can clean it up
> somewhat and make it more user friendly. Currently I just hardcode a lot
> depending on what I need at the moment.
>
> --
> Ger

You can do this in POV-Ray.  Create an image-mapped plane so that the frame
just fills the camera FOV, then use an average texture map.  I do this all
the time to fake focal blur on an image-mapped background. Of course, you
may lose some quality re-rendering an image, I haven't tried comparing
before/after on a single frame.

Mike