POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation and backgrounds in film (results) : Re: animation and backgrounds in film (results) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation and backgrounds in film (results)
From: Jaap
Date: 30 May 2006 11:20:00
Message: <web.447c61a14ba04369a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
> Yeah, it looked cool!
thanks.

> The propellers, where they also made in PovRay? I was wondering cuz of the
> motion blur(?)
yes povray, no not motion blur.

I was quite pleased with how the prop turned out.
it's a thin disk (cylinder) filled with media.
the media has a radial density map of 5 blurred blades.
The prop is rotated randomly for each frame.

#declare r_prop=seed(shot_clock*100);

#declare object_plane_prop = cylinder{
  <-5,0,0>, <5,0,0> , 180
  pigment { color rgbf<1, 1, 1, 1> }
  finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 }
  interior {
    media {
      absorption rgb <1,1,1>*0.13  // (absorb light, more is darker)
      density {
        spherical                  // (spherical pattern, darker towarts
center)
        density_map {
           [0.0 color 0.1]
           [1.0 color 1.0 ]
        }
        scale 180
      }
      density {
        radial                     // (radial pattern, repeat 5 / 360 deg.)
        density_map {
          [0.0 color rgb 0.6 ]
          [0.2 color rgb 0.6 ]
          [0.5 color rgb 1.0 ]     // (darker near middle of part)
          [0.8 color rgb 0.6 ]
          [1.0 color rgb 0.6 ]
        }
        frequency 5
        rotate z*90               // (radial is around y, but we need around
x)
        rotate x*360*rand(r_prop) // (add random rotation for each frame)
      }
    }
  }
  translate <444.5,0,0>