POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small Stellated Dodecahedron : Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron Server Time
4 May 2024 05:46:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 30 May 2006 01:10:01
Message: <web.447bd2ec2a55f1caad93754b0@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> "PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Play with the code. Make all the triangles different colours so you can see
> > whats going on. Do scenes with low recursion depth to see how the triangles
> >
> > Thanks. That one did require a bid of hard thinking to combine the two, but
> > I think my solution is elegant.

Um, that should say "a bit of hard thinking". :)

> I did play. Messed with a bunch of the variables. Messed with the angles
> too, not so hot when you change them. :)

I bet!

> Thanks for the link. I was looking
> at a bunch of Penrose stuff and Phi stuff a while back. Played around with
> equiangular spirals too,

I did an equiangular spiral for my introductory RSOCP post:

//Pickover shell
#macro Shell(N,A,B,C,K)
  #local D=(11/3-A)/N; #local I=1;
  //union{
  merge{
    #while(I<N)
      #local T=I/N; #local R=B*exp(A*K);
      sphere{
        R*<1,0,C/B>,R rotate z*A*360
        pigment{rgb<T, .6, 1-T*T>}
        finish{reflection{0,1} phong .7}
      }
      #local I=I+1; #local A=A+D;
    #end
    rotate x*30 translate <1,5,-2.5>
  }
#end

>see ==> http://www.deviantart.com/view/29573733/

Interesting, but I agree with one of the comments that it's slightly creepy.
Speaking of which, do you know about Alexander's Horned Sphere"? It's been
called the ugliest object in mathematics.

> Well, I still need to play with the "triangles and pentagons" one too.
> Thanks again!!!

No worries!