POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small Stellated Dodecahedron : Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron Server Time
4 May 2024 13:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron
From: Janet
Date: 27 May 2006 16:25:01
Message: <web.4478b4c42a55f1ca329ba8740@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Play with the code. Make all the triangles different colours so you can see
> whats going on. Do scenes with low recursion depth to see how the triangles
> get subdivided. Draw diagrams on paper. Investigate the geometry of the two
> golden isoceles triangles:
>
> http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/phi2DGeomTrig.html#pentagon
>
> There's also material on Penrose tilings on that page.
>
> > The one with the triangles and pentagons together looks great too.
>
> Thanks. That one did require a bid of hard thinking to combine the two, but
> I think my solution is elegant.

I did play. Messed with a bunch of the variables. Messed with the angles
too, not so hot when you change them. :) Thanks for the link. I was looking
at a bunch of Penrose stuff and Phi stuff a while back. Played around with
equiangular spirals too, see ==> http://www.deviantart.com/view/29573733/
Well, I still need to play with the "triangles and pentagons" one too.
Thanks again!!!