POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small Stellated Dodecahedron : Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron Server Time
4 May 2024 14:36:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 26 May 2006 07:10:00
Message: <web.4476e1502a55f1ca1bd1c060@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> Wow, thanks so much Mr. Ring,

No worries.

> actually if I ever understand it, it may be a miracle, but I'll do my best.

:) Well, at least you probably already understand the role of the matrix in
reflecting the triangle.

Play with the code. Make all the triangles different colours so you can see
whats going on. Do scenes with low recursion depth to see how the triangles
get subdivided. Draw diagrams on paper. Investigate the geometry of the two
golden isoceles triangles:

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/phi2DGeomTrig.html#pentagon

There's also material on Penrose tilings on that page.

> The one with the triangles and pentagons together looks great too.

Thanks. That one did require a bid of hard thinking to combine the two, but
I think my solution is elegant.