POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slow mesh parsing : Re: Slow mesh parsing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slow mesh parsing
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 May 2006 07:05:00
Message: <web.44758ec78861a266731f01d10@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22J=E9r=F4me_M=2E_Berger=22?= <jeb### [at] freefr> wrote:
>  If that's what's happening, you should get faster results with a
> mesh2 instead of a mesh. The reason being that POV uses the same
> structure as the mesh2 for its internal representation, so there
> should be less reorganizing needed...

I've now implemented an optimized mesh2 instead of a mesh. An interesting
and highly useful exercise, although mesh2 is a little strange if you're
used to mesh. But it's well worth the effort - the speed increase in
parsing is about a factor of 10 for my scene, and it appears to render
faster, too.

Example pic and code to follow in p.b.i shortly...

Bill