POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Small Stellated Dodecahedron : Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron Server Time
4 May 2024 14:53:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Stellated Dodecahedron
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 24 May 2006 08:55:00
Message: <web.447454932a55f1ca1bd1c060@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> MUST... STEAL... FLOOR... CODE...

Be my guest, Janet!

> This excites me. I have been really interested in Penrose tiling for a while
> now. So, the code for the floor really floored me. So, thank you genius!

Thanks, though I must also thank John VanSickle for the Penrose code in his
'Boxer' anim (an IRTC entry), which I originally based my code on.

Once you understand the Penrose code in this thread, you may want to take a
look at the code I posted last November, which uses two Penrose tilings
simultaneously: triangles and pentagons. The code is at
<web.4386daf17ed7ae6c2eef1b3b0@news.povray.org> and an image is at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.4386eb2d7ed7ae6c2eef1b3b0%40news.povray.org%3E/penroset
s.jpg?ttop=228370&toff=400

A top down view of just the floor is attached below.

That code uses a few 'interesting' techniques. If you need help
understanding anything in it, just ask.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'penroses2.jpg' (83 KB)