POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Turtle Graphics in PovRay? : Re: Turtle Graphics in PovRay? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turtle Graphics in PovRay?
From: Nicholas Shea
Date: 18 May 2006 12:15:01
Message: <web.446c9ca7dc15dabe1bad835e0@news.povray.org>
"Andreas Micheler" <And### [at] StudentUni-Augsburgde> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a 3D Turtle Graphics package for PovRay?
> Or can someone show me, how to write one?
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas

I wrote the XTurtle package for my own amusement some years ago. It is
written entirely in POV-Ray SDL. XTurtle can construct, coils, swept
surfaces, B-DNA etc. It comes with some examples too. I'm no expert, so I
can't claim it's any good but it has sufficed for my needs. XTurtle can be
downloaded from this URL:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oaktree/nshea/development.html