POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay for scientific illustration: diagrams to photorealism : PovRay for scientific illustration: diagrams to photorealism Server Time
8 May 2024 12:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay for scientific illustration: diagrams to photorealism
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 13 May 2006 23:50:00
Message: <web.4466a8451f6bf7926d08de0a0@news.povray.org>
Some readers may be aware that I use PovRay for scientific visualisation
(among other things). I recently worked on a research project and PovRay
was used extensively including most of the figures in the final published
paper. I just wrote up some notes on the use of PovRay for one of the paper
images that was rendered in three very different ways: during the research,
as a diagram in a journal, and an attempt at photorealism for a large high
quality poster. For more information see
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/modelling/scifigure/