POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : unix 3d industrial cycle : Re: unix 3d industrial cycle Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:09:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unix 3d industrial cycle
From: siggi-gross
Date: 11 May 2006 17:20:00
Message: <web.4463aa727c90636eb4e5d6dc0@news.povray.org>
I'm working with KDE-Desktop which is 2 times wither and 1.5 times higher
than screen resolution, one xterm-app in the middle and a few Kwrite-apps
around it,
so i can scroll all over the virtual screen and my xterm always is visible
for starting renders. Pov-display is also in the middle of the virtual
screen.
I really don't like the tab-like style of working with editors; i need to
see most of my .pov .inc and .pl - code at once.
Many of my projects are based on perl-scripts, which generate
pov-code/inc-files.

For all other scenes everything is modeled "by hand" - no visual modeler at
all. I started with POV-Ray 1.0 ca. 12 years ago, and until today i didn't
found any satisfying modeler.
Meanwhile i'm so familiar with scripting pov-code, that most of my "normal"
scenes are scripted from start to end, rendered a few times for
corrections, and done.(except texturing etc.)

Since 2 years i work with Maya5.0 and i recognized, scripting pov-code works
most time faster than working with Maya (and the visual modeler of Maya is
gooood!!)