POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Home build on 64bit Itanium cluster. : Re: Home build on 64bit Itanium cluster. Server Time
13 Jun 2024 07:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Home build on 64bit Itanium cluster.
From: space cadet
Date: 6 May 2006 12:10:00
Message: <web.445cca143018761cc052e9200@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > During the compile, warnings were issued that -03 is an unknown option to
> > icpc, and was ignored.
>
>      Please make sure to use -O3 with an uppercase 'o' character (*not* zero).
>
>      - NC

Ah, there's the problem.  I did indeed use a zero.

I'm using icpc version 9.0.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that your suggested ./configure
command you gave me only specified the c++ compiler, not the c compiler. So
it was still using the gnu c compiler.  I thought about changing that
myself, but figured I'd try it your way first time out, and see if it
works. And of course, it did.

I am on a bit of a time critical project right now. So now that I have a
working executable on this platform, I'm a bit hesitant to rebuild it
(murphy's law, you know).  But once I have a little breathing room, I'll
rebuild using icc and -O3 and see what happens.

I do need to compliment you a bit more on those wonderful scripts. I love
how they check absolutely everything about the development environment,
report the results, and automatically make fixes to anything it needs.
Particularly the libs (png, z, tiff, etc), if they're not the right
version, you provide the right ones automatically and link them in. Just
fantastic. Thats the exact sort of thing that is usually the demise of
other third party builds. And your verbose messages are just so thorough
and intuitive. Just a joy to work with.

Thanks.