POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make semi-believable wood? : How to make semi-believable wood? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  How to make semi-believable wood?
From: RusHHouR
Date: 6 May 2006 12:05:00
Message: <web.445cc8b7ff1f48a847d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi!
Im so thankful for all the help you guys keep giving me!
Maybe one day I can make it up by also contributing to this comunity.
*looks proudly towards a far horison*

Anyways. Take a look at the poles on this barbed wire fence.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9836/taggtrad9rh.jpg

They look, well, kinda smooth... Any ideas how to make them look a little
more like actual wooden poles? Tried to use the wood normal, but, I didnt
really get what I expected...

This is the only setting for texture I use for the poles right now:
texture {T_Wood22 scale 1.5 }

I would very much appreciate any suggestions on the subject,
cuz I know it can be done... I've seen it...

Humbly
/RH