POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : A sign rotating back and forth. : Re: A sign rotating back and forth. Server Time
14 Jun 2024 22:45:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A sign rotating back and forth.
From: RusHHouR
Date: 5 May 2006 08:55:00
Message: <web.445b4a9424781bb447d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Why not use a more random looking function?  For example, rotating by an
> amount proportional the value returned by a bozo or noise function at a
> point dependent on the clock variable.  That might give you a more
> wind-like behaviour taking into account the gusty randomness you need, but
> would of course be difficult to control if you need the sign to be in a
> definite place at a certain time.

> -

Sounds like an idea. But I dont know how to recieve a value from a bozo
function(!?). Im trying to grasp the meaning of sin and cosin atm... =)

Im test rendering with Chris B's code right now. I get the impression that
he was the one who actually understood my question.

Will post linked mpg here. =)