POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to get a 360 degrees picture of an object? : how to get a 360 degrees picture of an object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  how to get a 360 degrees picture of an object?
From: RBRiddick
Date: 4 May 2006 08:55:01
Message: <web.4459f7b3bbc7fea439cdf580@news.povray.org>
I just wondered how I could get a picture e. g. of
scenes/camera/camera1a.png (without the brown area it stands on; i mean:
just the metallic bubbles and cans -- I call it A), that shows

1.
either the 360 degrees picture on the inside of a hollow 100%-reflective
cylinder, that has been put over that metallic object A

2.
or some kind of 2D projection (I have seen orange-skin-piece-projection and
that projection that morphs the upper and lower parts and of an elliptic
projection on various geographic maps) of the inside of a hollow
100%-reflective sphere, that
has been wrapped around that object A.

And after some wondering and reading I found, that I would have to write a
script (for version 1), that takes the middle part of each picture of an
animation. But that sounds too complicated.

Does somebody here know how to do it nicely?

Thanks.

-Arne