POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invitation: POV Universe : Re: Invitation: POV Universe Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invitation: POV Universe
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 3 May 2006 12:55:00
Message: <web.4458dfa663f28f085a8888d90@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Greetings to all!
>
> I am working right now on a number of starships (please see thread "SF:
> Preview 03: Imperial Carrier" with sub threads inside the
> povray.binaries.images group), and would like to invite you all to add your
> starship designs to this project.

It sounds like fun. I think I'll take a go at it.  Using "port" and
"starbord" instead of "left" and "right" in the guidelines probably WOULD
be a good idea to avoid ambiguity with respect to pilot's view "left" and
camera view "left".

Question: Will animation play a part in the project?  If so, is there a time
standard with respect to frames per second to govern the movement of
articualed parts and/or figures moving within vessels?

With any luck, I should have some WIP images to post in a week or so.

Best Regards,
Mike C.