POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated Model render flickering : Re: Animated Model render flickering Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated Model render flickering
From: sacredblack
Date: 2 May 2006 09:45:00
Message: <web.445761339503ae8255ecb72c0@news.povray.org>
Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> A trick that I personally have used before is to average frames.
> Either use a linear average so every frame contribute the same amount to the
> resulting frame, or use a sin-based average.
>
> Linear:
>
> (Frame 1 + Frame 2 + Frame 3) / 3 = new frame
>
> Sin based:
>
> (sin(45) *Frame 1 + sin(90) * Frame 2 + sin(45)*Frame 3) / 2.41 = new frame
>
> --
> Ger

Interesting. Though this looks something like averaging the actual image
generated ?? Possibly to fix flicker caused by fast moving objects. Not
sure.

The problem I have (which isn't really clear on my first post) is a problem
with POVRay rendering detail at only 1 pixel size which changes every frame
making detailed areas that are small (due to location from camera) appear to
flicker (there's probably a better word to describe this problem these
days).

Though I will give your suggestion a go.

Steve.