POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A "sun" light... : A "sun" light... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  A "sun" light...
From: Gyscos
Date: 29 Apr 2006 08:10:00
Message: <web.445357109cc843651ba56a630@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone !!!
Now i'm trying to make a sun-like light_source...
When i say sun-like I mean :
-> Parralel light, or very far light source, so that it seems parralel
-> No 100% black shadow : the objects around me reflect light a little bit
and light my shadow : in real life, during the day, there are very few 100%
black shadow...
-> When a non-sun-like light source make a shafow, THIS shadow is black,
only sun-like light source can have smooth shadow...

I considered using area_light, but the sun isn't really an area  from the
Earth, and anyway that still leave hard shadows...

Does someone have an idea ?