POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Diffusing interior of an object : Diffusing interior of an object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Diffusing interior of an object
From: pare03
Date: 27 Apr 2006 17:25:01
Message: <web.445135ad20c43b6429d68ff20@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am trying to create an object that will filter and diffuse light at the
same time, so a structured light coming from one side of that object will
be diffused by the object but will gain the texture/pigment of that object.
Is it possible ?

Basically, I am trying to create a semi-transparent and diffusing plastic !
I tried to add an interior_texture but that does not diffuse the light.
And the interior modifyer does not seem to be working either (does not have
a diffusion parameter).

Here is a part of the code:

#declare HollowDome = object
{
  sphere{<0, 0, 0>, DomeRadius
  hollow
  texture{
  pigment {color rgb <0.78, 0.85, 0.99> filter 0.5} finish {diffuse 0.5} }
  interior_texture {
  pigment {color rgb <0.78, 0.85, 0.99> filter 0.5} finish {diffuse 0.9} }}
}

Thank you,
David