POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity help : Re: Radiosity help Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity help
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 23 Apr 2006 22:05:00
Message: <web.444c31b213671ebcc8947640@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm trying to make an outdoor scene with a white object. I have a sky_sphere
> that is basically a light blue. However, whenever I render with radiosity,
> the object has a blue tint to it. Is there some way to keep the background
> color without it affecting the rest of the scene? I can't seem to find it
> in the doucmentation. Thanks

The best way to do this (without using MegaPOV which has a no_radiosity
flag) is create large black sphere that encloses your enitre scene and give
it no_image, no_reflection and no_shadow attributes.  This wayit doesn't
interact with your scene at all, but it will block out the radiosity
effects of anything outside it(i.e.,the sky_sphere).

-tgq