POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large renderings : large renderings Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  large renderings
From: Leander
Date: 23 Apr 2006 17:25:00
Message: <web.444bef9ba5dd5102b4cb904a0@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I have some questions regarding large renderings.
(I'm using the command line version of povray for
linux/unix.)

1) Lets say I have a target size of some 10thousand
pixels height and width, like 40000x30000 pixels.
And I only want to render a part of it at a time
so I can handle the resulting images easier. I can
specify the wanted start/end-row and start/end-column
but povray still creates a image of the *whole* size
with only the rendered part in it. How can I avoid this
and make povray create an image only of the size of the
wanted part? I didn't find an appropriate command line
switch.
Of course I still can cut out the resulting part with
an image manipulation tool, but...

2) When specifying a region in the image, is the first
line called 1 or 0? The man page again doesnt say some-
thing about this. So e.g. if I want to render the first
400 columns, should I specify "+SC0 +EC399" or "+SC1 +EC400"?

3) Is there any limitation to the size of the resulting image?
Part of the image or the whole image?

Thanks and regards,
Leander